Program: Paternity and kinship testing including X-chromosomal
Contents and practical information
- Program, Thore Egeland, August 17, 2018.
- Date and venue: Sep 3-4 2018, Catanzaro (Calabria), Italy
- Teachers: Thore Egeland and Daniel Kling
- Course organiser: ISFG
- Sep 13, 2018. Final version.
Monday Sep 3
Tuesday Sep 4
- The workshop provides the necessary background for relationship inference using autosomal and X-chromosomal markers.
Statistical methods are introduced and the freely available softwares
FamLinkX are exemplified.
The open software R is introduced,
and the relevance for plotting
of pedigrees and estimation of haplotype frequencies is demonstrated.
- Lectures will be in English.
- The participants should bring a laptop with Familias (version 3.2.2), FamLinkX (version 2.6) and R, preferably last versions,
- Assistance for installation will be provided at the workshop, if needed. Note that
installation is typically only possible if you are administrator on your laptop.